Making Money With Emails Series
I wanted to write a few posts about using your mailing list properly. Some stuff is pretty common sense and some a bit more detailed and not as well known as it could be. Along the way I hope to give you a few secrets about email marketing that will help you be a better email marketer.
Since I own an Autoresponder company I have seen untold amount of email campaigns and tested a lot of variables to find out what works and what doesn’t work as well as having to deal with issues of Spam and deliver-ability.
- So it’s a good idea to know some of the tips that will maximize your earnings and reduce the chances of you losing your list due to spam complaints and various other pitfalls. Let’s talk about why you should use email marketing….
- It cost very little so the return on investment is immediate and substantial not to mention your market is the whole world. You don’t need anybody’s help to start doing it and with a small amount of knowledge you can write emails, send them and make an income.
- All you need is an autoresponder service and a way to collect email addresses – such as from your websites, giveaways, ad swaps and many other possibilities which I will go into detail about later
- Most people are aware that it is essential to stay in touch with your subscribers, newsletter readers and website visitors. It takes time to build up a base of customers who know you, trust you and are willing to learn from you – not to mention put out their hard earned money and nothing does it better than email marketing.
You have the ability to call each customer by name (an automatic function built into almost all autoresponder systems (such as rapidresponsebot.com) and address them directly in a personal manner.It is simple human nature to feel more comfortable about someone who you have come to recognize and trust and email marketing provides you with a chance to do that.
- As well as communicating better you can sort your customers into specific groups whose interests are defined by their specific wants and needs and you will be able to target those groups with better results.
- Through email marketing you can see who has responded and what they have responded to – thereby giving you an insight to better tailor your topics and products to suit your customers. Not to mention your subscribers have an email sitting on their computer they can refer to or even just stumble across and remember you again at a later date.
- There is very little downside to email marketing and tremendous upside so always make it a priority – My next post will address the actual creation of your emails and the kinds of things you need to do to create a successful email marketing campaign.